Delhi to Kathgodam:
- Train No. 15013 Ranikhet Express; Old Delhi Junction (DLI) to Kathgodam; SMTWTFS; 2235-0505 (+1 day); travel time 6.30 hrs; Classes: 1A, 2A, 3A, SL; 10 halts; distance 280km; average speed 42km/hr
- Train No. 15035 Uttarakhand Sampark Kranti Express; Old Delhi Junction (DLI) to Kathgodam (KGM); SMTWTFS; 1600-2240; travel time 6.40 hrs; Classes CC, 2S; 7 halts; distance 280km; average speed 41km/hr
- Train No. 12040 Kathgodam Shatabdi; Delhi Anand Vihar Terminal (ANVT) to Kathgodam (KGM); SMTW_FS; 0615-1150; travel time 5.35 hrs; Classes IA, CC; 6 stops; distance 280km; average speed 48km/hr
Kathgodam to Delhi:
- Train No. 15014 Ranikhet Express; Kathgodam (KGM) to Old Delhi Junction (DLI); SMTWTFS; 2040-0355 (+1 day); travel time 7.15 hrs; Classes: 1A, 2A, 3A, SL; 10 halts; distance 280km; average speed 42km/hr
- Train No. 15036 Uttarakhand Sampark Kranti Express; Kathgodam (KGM) to Old Delhi Junction (DLI); SMTWTFS; 0850-1520; travel time 6.30 hrs; Classes CC, 2S; 7 halts; distance 280km; average speed 41km/hr
- Train No. 12040 Kathgodam Shatabdi; Kathgodam (KGM) to Delhi Anand Vihar Terminal (ANVT); SMTW_FS; 1545-2115; travel time 5.30 hrs; Classes IA, CC; 6 stops; distance 280km; average speed 48km/hr
Delhi – Nanital – Shyamkhet: 300 kms and 7 hrs drive inclusive of one halt
Delhi – Nizamuddin Bridge – Ghaziabad – Hapur Bye pass – Dasna – Pilkhuwa – Babugarh – Garmukteshwar – Gajraula – Joya – UmriKalan – Moradabad Byepass – Suar – Bazpur – Choti Haldwani / Kaladungi – Khurpatal – Nainital
Driving directions from Moradabad to Nainital:
- After crossing the Moradabad Bypass, continue through towards Rampur.
- Turn on your Google GPS for “Suar”
- As you are approaching Rampur, you will cross first a railway over-bridge and thereafter a long flyover that goes over a river.
- As you get off the flyover / bridge, and come closer to Rampur, you will see two overhead billboards welcoming you to Rampur.
- Immediately after this, about 1.5 km down, keep your eyes peeled for a left turn, that is identified by a triangular island Take this left.
- This road goes to Suar (Swar). Keep on this road till you reach a round traffic island, take the first left here (Do not take the straight route that has a banner saying “Nainital”)
- Switch your Google GPS to “Bazpur” or “Bajpur”
- Keep on this road till you reach Bazpur.
- On reaching Bazpur, follow the signs for Nainital, reaching Choti Haldwani / Kaladungi (passing through a jungle)
- On reaching Choti Haldwani (after crossing a small bridge and going 200 meters ahead) you will see a board pointing left for Nainital. There is a petrol pump at this junction – fill up here if necessary
- After taking this left turn you will start climbing (after 5 kms) and now you are on the Nainital Road. Nainital is 30 kms from here on a beautiful drive.
- On reaching Nainital, you will go through a check-post, pay Rs. 50 here, and then drive through Nainital along the lake and on the Mall, and at the end of the market / road (you will see an intersection ahead, just after passing the Army Holiday Home on your left); make a sharp left turn to head down towards Bhowali.
- After about 9 kms you will meet another road coming from your right (this is another road coming up to Nainital) but you continue straight till you reach Bhowali town.
- On reaching the main intersection at Bhowali town, you need to turn right towards Bhimtal (left goes to Ranikhet)
- About 1km down you will see a left turn marked towards Ramgarh, just over a small bridge.
- Take this and drive exactly 2.6km. At this point, on your left, you will see a large white government water tank, next to it a watercourse, and next to it a drive going up to ‘Himalaica’, with a name board for the property and the name ‘Dave’.
- Drive up and blow your horn gently for the gate to be opened. If you open the gate to get in, please immediately close it behind you so the dogs don’t get out.
Do not take the route via Tanda, as the road and bridge there has washed away.
Do not drive on the full moon days given below as the road at Garhmukteshwaris impassable with pilgrims and you could be stuck for 6-7 hours on the highway itself
2018 – Full Moon Dates:
- January Full Moon – Jan 02, 2018 – (Tuesday) & Jan 31, 2018 – (Wednesday)
- March Full Moon – Mar 02, 2018 – (Friday) & Mar 31, 2018 – (Saturday)
- April Full Moon – Apr 30, 2018 – (Monday)
- May Full Moon – May 29, 2018 – (Tuesday)
- June Full Moon – Jun 28, 2018 – (Thursday)
- July Full Moon – Jul 27, 2018 – (Friday)
- August Full Moon – Aug 26, 2018 – (Sunday)
- September Full Moon – Sept 25, 2018 – (Tuesday)
- October Full Moon – Oct 24, 2018 – (Wednesday)
- November Full Moon – Nov 23, 2018 – (Friday)
- December Full Moon – Dec 22, 2018 – (Saturday)
Pantnagar Airport (PGH); 60km – Flights operational
Client-arranged private air charters possible
To view the map click here